Friday, March 13, 2020

Time: Predator or Companion...

Written in my original blog posts years ago....

Recently, I've taken some time to catch up on some movies - one of the advantages of Netflix. A dialogue towards the end of one of these movies really resonanted with me and some of my recent posts, so I thought I'd share a few of these thoughts.

One of the characters in this particular film made the statement that "time is a predator that stalks us all of our lives." My initial response after hearing this statement was to agree with the character's evaluation. It seemed to make sense to me. Time, the ultimate antagonist, stalking each one of us, moving ever so quickly, while we try our best to slow its pursuit.

However, in a later scene in the movie, another character offers his view point on the forementioned subject. "Time is a companion that goes with us on the journey. It reminds us to cherish every moment, because they will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived." What a sharp contrast this is to the first character's seemingly dark outlook.

It's amazing to me how God can speak to our hearts, even through secular entertainment media. Most of you would probably laugh if you knew the source of these two statements, but I am thankful for the perspective they provided.

Are you living as if time is your predator, or your companion?

No comments: